World Nutella Day is held on February 5th and was the brain child of Sara, and Michelle . The idea behind World Nutella Day is to celebrate and get creative with Nutella. You can follow them on twitter or become a fan on facebook.
My family loves Nutella, especially simply on toast for Breakfast. My contribution is Chocolate and Nutella Thumbprint Cookies. This is yummy. The cookie is chewy and soft and the drop of nutella on top is a perfect match.
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg, separated
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a bowl add the butter, sugar, egg yolk, milk and vanilla and mix til light and fluffy.
2. Sift the flour, cocoa and salt in a separate bowl then gradually add to creamed mixture,stir to combine.
3. Cover and place in the refrigerator one hour, or until firm enough to shape into balls.
4. Take 1 tablespoon of the mixture and shape into balls
5. Using your thumb (or back of a 1/4 tsp) make an indentation in center of of each cookie.
6. Bake at 160degC for 10 to 12 minutes, or until center is just set.
7. Let the cookies cool before filling them
Makes 24 cookies
Fill the centers with Nutella.
I also made some peanut butter ones.
There are many other fillings you can use but I think Nutella is the best one.